Easy-to-Install Drainage System
DECK-O-DRAIN drainage system provides an effective drainage system for concrete pool decks. Wherever specified, the system effectively collects and carries water away quickly from pool decks and other patio areas. Made of tough, long lasting PVC, the DECK-O-DRAIN system resists wear and is non-corrosive. Both the deck and subgrade receive watertight protection.
The unique non-directional design of DECK-O-DRAIN eliminates the need for right or left fittings. One attachment can be used for both by simply facing it in the direction needed. A flat contour profile allows a tight fit against any wall.
DECK-O-DRAIN drainage system installs easily. There are no trenches to dig or deep excavations to make. DECK-O-DRAIN can be used as a screed rail in final flatwork preparation.
The product is ideal for use on pool decks, driveways, patios, etc. – anywhere water collects and needs to be carried away.
Standard DECK-O-DRAIN is available in Desert Tan, Stone Gray, and Dura-White. (Black and Redwood are available by special order.)
- Combined joint and drainage system with waterstop feature provides watertight, secure protection to concrete decks and subgrade.
- Eliminates digging trenches or making deep excavations … saves time, labor, and money.
- Need for right or left fittings is eliminated … one attachment can be used for both, simply by facing it in the desired direction.
- A flat contour profile allows tight fit against any wall.
- Non-corrosive, tough, long-lasting PVC construction resists wear.
- Can be used as a screed rail in final flatwork preparation.
- New configuration provides center channel for better flow, thicker wall dimensions, and a cutting ledge on the inside for top replacement.
DECK-O-DRAIN installation is quick and easy.
STEP ONE – Grade sub-soil, sloping it toward drain location.
STEP TWO – Along planned path for drain, drive short, 3.5″ (88.9 mm) wide stakes into the ground. Space them 30” (76.2 mm) apart. Use two (2) nailing clips for each 10’ (3.05 m) section.
STEP THREE – Attach snap-on nailing clips and place drain over the stakes. Use couplers to ensure a straight, even line.
STEP FOUR – After carefully aligning, nail firmly to stakes.
STEP FIVE – Insert adapter. Can be hooked to 1.5” (38.1 mm) or 2″ (50.8 mm) PVC pipe. Pipe can be adapted to any direction.
STEP SIX – Place concrete and trowel gradual slope to DECK-O-DRAIN.
STEP SEVEN – After concrete has set, install end plug, remove protective tape, and drain is ready to carry water away.
DECK-O-DRAIN accessories are available for simplified job installation.
Concrete expands and contracts with temperature and moisture changes. As the temperature rises or the moisture content of the concrete increases, expansion takes place. As the temperature drops, the concrete will contract. The provision to accommodate movement at predetermined locations with proper joint applications prevents the development of stresses that could rupture the concrete. Refer to Control Joints #320 data sheet for a full listing of expansion joint products to protect pool decks from this movement. Consult with a structural engineer for proper placement.
May help contribute to LEED credits: