Installation or lumber dimension questions? Talk to our experts.
1-844-224-0049 Hours 8am - 4pm MST.
We are ready to help.
Features a 1 in. standoff height above concrete floors, code required when supporting permanent structures that are exposed to the weather or water splash, or in basements.
- Reduce the potential for decay at post and column ends.
- Two load transfer plates are included for a secure connection.
1. Uplift loads have been increased for wind or earthquake with no further increase allowed; reduce where other loads govern.
2. Downloads may not be increased for short-term loading.
3. Specifier to design concrete for uplift capacity.
4. ABU products may be installed with either bolts or nails (not both) to achieve table loads. ABU88 and ABU88R may be installed with 8-SDS 1/4"x3" wood screws (sold separately) for the same table load.
5. For AB bases, higher download can be achieved by solidly packing grout under 1" standoff plate before installation. Base download on column, grout, or concrete according to the code.
6. HB dimension is the distance from the bottom of the post up to the first bolt hole.
7. Structural composite lumber columns have sides that show either the wide face or the edges of the lumber strands/veneers. For SCL columns, the fasteners for these products should always be installed in the wide face.
8. Downloads shall be reduced where limited by the capacity of the post.
9. NAILS: 16d = 0.162" dia. x 3 1/2" long, 10d = 0.148" dia. x 3" long.