Questions? Talk to our experts.
Email email@example.com or call 1-844-224-0049 Hours 8am - 4pm MST. We are ready to help.
The Strong-Drive SD CONNECTOR screw is specifically designed for use with Simpson Strong-Tie connectors
Designed to replace nails in certain products, the load-rated SD screw has been tested and approved for use in many popular Simpson Strong-Tie products. In certain applications screws are easier and more convenient to install than nails, and the single-fastener load values achieved by the SD9 and SD10 exceed those of typical 10d common or 16d common nails, respectively. In addition, the galvanized coating makes the SD screw ideal for interior and most exterior conditions.
The SD structural-connector screw features an optimized shank which is specifically designed to be compatible with the fastener holes in Simpson Strong-Tie connectors. The hex head virtually eliminates cam-out and helps avoid stripping of the head during installation. The sharp point of the screw enables fast starts, and the patented serrated threads reduce torque for improved drivability.
- Specifically designed to replace nails in certain Simpson Strong-Tie
- connectors, and is the only screw approved for that application. The #9 and #10 SD screws replace 10d and 16d nails respectively.
- Tested and approved for use in many of our best-selling connectors for both interior and most exterior applications.
- Shank is specifically designed to match the fastener holes in Simpson Strong-Tie connectors
- Patented serrated threads and sharp point make driving easier
- Optimized heat treating for ductility and strength
- The single-fastener load capacity of the SD9 exceeds the capacity of a 10d common nail, while the single-fastener load capacity of the SD10 exceeds that of the 16d common nail
- Mechanically-galvanized coating meets ASTM B695 Class 55, is recommended for use with certain preservative-treated woods and is compliant with the 2006 and 2009 International Residential Code (2006 Section R319.3, 2009 Section R317.3.1)
- Connectors installed with the SD screw code listed under ICC-ES ESR-3096
Material: Heat-treated carbon steel.
Finish: Class 55 Mechanically Galvanized
Mudsupply.com is an Authorized Simpson Strong-Tie Stocking Dealer